Sunday, January 07, 2007

All things bright and beautiful

This is Miuki, Craig and I went to fetch her from Colesburg where she grew up for the last 9 years, she is a 1998 Mitsubishi Colt, 2.5 L Diesel. From the time I was little, I always wanted a truck, be it a landrover, a Jeep or a bakkie. I always had a passion for the outdoors and these are the vehicles that symbolize hard work, freedom and the great outdoors! This is Red Rooster, a gelding that went wild after his brothers and sisters were killed off by a poisonous dip and later horse disease. He was the horse of a young girl but she didn't have time to visit him so he was brought to Slaaikraal farm to work as a shepherd, but the staff are petrified of him and no-one has given him much love except for Sally who lives on our farm. She could not really touch him much as he was so wild, but Craig and I decided it was time for some of what Sindy would call "ongewenst intimitatsie" or love therapy! He now lets me stroke his big old fat belly and slobbers apple juice all over me, he chases chloe around and is very interested in being a cat with holly and Poppy. We think a few more months of love and apples and he'll be quite a well adjusted horse (pony)

This is our farm, slaaikraal

Its actually Trevor's but I love it very much and with it's beauty and wild life, I get a special thrill out of just walking outside everyday

4 Comments:

Blogger Vallypee said...

Meep! Want it! Reminds me so much of Cottingham Mo! Have you read my last chapter? Sad to finish. Looks stunning.....sigh..

Sunday, 07 January, 2007  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Cool bakkie too Mo. I'm jealous! You and Craig are reliving our Cottingham experience...Wonderful!

Sunday, 07 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Firts of all YAY! New posts!

Second of all, WOW, beautiful farm you've got there guys. I'm seriously jealous of all that sky!

Monday, 08 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved to read your new posts and great pics to go with them.

Glad to read that you guys are doing so incredibly well.

See you later this year!

YAY!

Thursday, 11 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home