Thursday, March 29, 2007

Heartbreak for haminals

www.usatoday.com There is something I really don't enjoy when I watch TV, that is to see companies using the sorry look of animals to sell a product. When I watch these adverts I often end up with tears streaming down my face, The advert works well with regard to reaching my emotional side, but in all honesty, I never want to buy their material products. www.abc.net.au An ad for a car depicts a baby jelly in a spacious back seat having fun, but at the end, you see the baby elephant in a huge barred truck looking out at kids in the car. I can't help imagining how trapped the poor elephant feels and how the ad makes mockery of his imprisonment
www.catrescue.com.au Another ad shows a cat running back to it's old home after the family has moved, why? to rub against paint. But on the way he must get splashed by cars passing through puddles, dodge trains and all sorts of things. Do I want the paint? No I want to rescue the cat from these sadistic advertisers
www.zeke-fund-animal-rescue.com The only ad I like is one inwhich many puppies in the pound plead for assistance, at least that ad is asking the consumer to help them.
The other day I dropped Craig off at work and I saw a pack of about 8 dogs tearing into one helpless pup. I immediately slammed on breaks and jumped out of the car. I felt a quick flash of joy when I saw another person had stopped only to be horrified as he picked up a brick and began beating the dogs on the head. The attacked pup managed to get free but his front leg was hanging out of it's socket. I was just about to reach it when this small child came running up and threw a huge rock at it. I spun around and was about to scream at her when I saw her age, I managed a chocked "don't throw stones, she is hurt" but when I turned again, the pup had run away.
So often I see things like this and it is so hard for me to accept that people don't see that animals have hearts and feelings too.
The advertisers may think they are not hurting the animals they put in their adverts, but they add to the bigger picture of animal cruelty.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Momo, using animals to sell products is just as cruel as using them for testing of chemicals and make-up.... thats why I have an absolute loathing for companies like Hallmark who use drugged animals to make "cute" pictures. Animals are perfectly able of being adorable without wearing stupid outfits... just spend enough time with them and have a camera handy!

If I had more money than I knew what to do with I'd buy a huge plot of land and save every stray I came across and give them a home.

Monday, 02 April, 2007  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Hi Momo, I don't know how I missed this post. I agree with you 100%, and am sickened by your last story. If a child can do that to animals, I guess he or she has no understanding of compassion and therefore wouldn't hesitate to hurt other humans too. Doesn't say much for the future adult does it? Maybe the man who was beating the dogs was trying to free the puppy, though. A senseless and cruel thing to do in itself, but I wonder what I would have done with nothing else to hand to stop them. That's a thought.

Sin is not very well these days and I'm afraid to go to the vet in cas they give me bad news. Her back legs are quite bad, and she can't run around at all without suffering for the rest of the day. Still, I'll ahve to steel myself to do it.

Love you lots Momo xxxxxxxx

Monday, 02 April, 2007  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Hey my Momo, thanks for your sweet Easter message on my blog. Happy Easter to you too pet. July's not far off and I hope all's gone well with Craig's visa application. Let me know if there's anything else you need my pet. Love you loads xxxxxxxxxx

Friday, 06 April, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez Mo, that's quite a nasty experience. And you see this alot you say? Really makes you want to throw the rock back at these people.

Tuesday, 10 April, 2007  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Halloa my Mo! Hope you had a goodly weekend and didn't have to work too hard. I did lots of work on my bargie as the weather was really nice. I'll take some pics so you can see what I've been doing soon.

Thinking of you and loving you loads..Mama xxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday, 10 April, 2007  
Blogger grace said...

I share your feelings too, how can humans not be aware that animals have hearts, feelings and emotions too? It breaks my heart. How can one look at these beautiful animals and treat them horribly. It boggles the mind.

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Momo and Craig, you've been tagged! See my blog!

Sunday, 09 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home