Sunday, July 16, 2006

GTOWN My town

For those of you, such as my soon to be bro in law and sister in law who have not ventured into deepest darkest africa, I thought I'd make you a little collage. None of the pics are my own and I obtained them from various sites on the net so i guess they don't have that personal touch, but I'm hoping it will give you a small idea of where Craig and I live. You will see our National Flag and beneath it the crest of our Province the Eastern Cape. For all my peeps that have been, i hope you remember this little town with fond memories, such as those it has given me (for the most part - i haven't forgot my car, poor splat!) The nooz this week is that Craig and I worked our little fingers to the bone yesterday. We have created an off street parking space for splat and Vernon's car. WoW! it was hard work i tell you! I will post pick next time. Tomorrow is the start of the new school term, which means i no longer have to be jealous of Craigus getting up at noon every day. Hold thumbs everyone, he has the grade 4's first, about 30 9 year olds to entertain. Sounds more like a punishment than a job to me, hee hee. Erm... ok, I'm a bit pooped out right now, all the manual labour starting to have effect...till next time!

8 Comments:

Blogger Vallypee said...

Nice one, Momo...I'm impressed, pet. How did you do that? I'm hopeless at makin collage things. I have a program but haven't investigated it yet.

I certainly have fond memories of G'town, specially this last visit. Well done with making a driveway for the cars. It'll be much better I'm sure. Always felt leaving them in the road was a bit risky.

By the way, did you see my last post for Jo's b'day? It's got a little verse I wrote which I thought you might like! xxx Love you lots

Sunday, 16 July, 2006  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Oops to you too..think you must be busy with this now, Mo, cos I see you've already just left a cmment on Jo and Baz's blog. Anyway, I see you've seen Jo's b'day pics on my blog too..glad you agree with the verse ...I thought you might!
Love you lots and lots
Mamalama

Sunday, 16 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mo,

Cool to catch a glimpse of your hometown! How long does it take for you guys to get to the beach? And I presume from the chart, that Port Elisabeth is the closest city, isn't it? Do you go there often?

Anyway, seems seems like a cozy type of town.

Cheerio!

Monday, 17 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely collage momo-kins! I will always have fond memories of my last visit to GTown and the great three weeks we spent have a larf an all an all :) cant wait to get Baz and Renate out there sometime too... it is in the works tho so you never know...

xxx

Monday, 17 July, 2006  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Dear sweet Momo, thanks a trillion and million for your lovely comment on me blog. I was actually thinking of that incident with the swans when I wrote it! Amazing hey? Do you also remember when she rounded up all the chinese geese at Petticoat lane flea market, and all those Japanese tourists were filming her! She was so special that one wasn't she? I miss the doggies too, specially Daisy. When hooked it out and I've dusted it off, I'll post that pic of Daisy too. Love you loads Momo and hope you're having a super wonderful day. It's fiendishly hot over here..luvverly!

Tuesday, 18 July, 2006  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Your sister-in-law-to-be is pretty cool isn't she, Mo. How did Craig's first day back at school go? Did he miss his Mo? Looking forward to a pic of the driveway......

Thursday, 20 July, 2006  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Okido, silence has gone on long enough...what are you and Craig up to? We've been nagging at him to tell us about his first day back, and what do we get...zero,nix, nada, nothing! Now you've gone all silent n us too...it won't sooooo!

Friday, 21 July, 2006  
Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

.

Saturday, 22 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home